There are few places in the world like Fairytale Town! Hours of magical fun await you and your family at Fairytale Town. Below are some helpful tips to help you plan your first visit to our storybook park.
1. Check our hours before you leave.
Fairytale Town’s hours change with the seasons, and the park closes when it rains. We recommend checking our hours before you leave the house. You can view the hours for the day on our website. If skies are gray, we recommend calling us at (916) 808-7462 to confirm the hours for the day.
2. Plan to pick up a treat at our Cafe, or bring your own food and beverages.
The Dish & Spoon Cafe is open year-round and features everything from hot dogs, fresh fruit, and popcorn to snow cones, ice cream sandwiches, and more. You’re also welcome to bring your own food and beverages into the park: Pre-prepared food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted. Picnic and park benches are located throughout the park for you to enjoy.
3. Give your imagination time to take flight!
4. Let your child take the lead.
Fairytale Town will be more enjoyable for you and your child if you let them take charge and lead you through the park.
5. Play and have fun.
Children learn through play. Adults also need playtime, not only to connect with their children, but also to help relax, unwind, and gain new perspectives on life and the ever-changing world in which we live.
6. Enhance your experience with a Magic Key
The red Magic Story Boxes located throughout the Town contain stories and songs describing the nearby playset. A Magic Story Box Key unlocks the stories and songs—and makes a fun memento of your trip to Fairytale Town. The Keys are available for rent for $20 at the Box Office. Return the Key to the Box Office with your receipt by 4 PM and you’ll receive $17 back.
7. Remember a few rules:
- Stay out of the moat. The waterways in Fairytale Town are not meant for playing, swimming, or wading, and they can be slippery.
- Don’t feed the animals. Our animals are on a special diet. Additional food—leaves, human food, and more—can make them sick.
- Don’t approach or feed the ducks. Throughout the year, the park receives some feathered visitors. When you see them in the park, please give them some space.
Please note: Adults must be accompanied by children and children must be accompanied by adults in order to gain admittance to Fairytale Town.