Play is the most important work of childhood, setting the foundation for a child’s physical, emotional and cognitive well-being. Yet there are growing threats and limitations placed on the time, resources and spaces devoted to play.
The 7th annual Sacramento Play Summit, presented by Fairytale Town and Sacramento Public Library, aims to highlight the importance of play, the many types of play, ways to incorporate play into daily and school life, and more.
This conference is ideal for adults who work with children: preschool and elementary educators, early childhood education specialists, childcare providers, after-school program administrators and practitioners, parks and recreation professionals, physical education professionals, parents and grandparents.
Please review the Conference Schedule before registering. Registrants will be asked to indicate which Breakout Sessions they are most interested in attending at the conference.
Registration Opens May 15. Registration closes September 9, 2019.
Early Bird Registration: May 15 – August 31, 2019
$50 per person
$40 per person for students, seniors (65+), members of Fairytale Town or Friends of the Sacramento Library.
General Registration: September 1 – 9, 2019
$60 per person
$50 per person for students, seniors (65+), members of Fairytale Town or Friends of the Sacramento Library.
The Play Summit is a daylong conference designed for adult learning. Children are not permitted to attend.
Morning coffee service, lunch & afternoon snacks included
Select your lunch option at time of registration! Please notify us of any dietary restrictions for lunch at time of registration.
A New Narrative
The founder and CEO of Outdoor Afro.
Changing the Dialogue from Readiness to Success – How Play Supports Equity
Author, professor, and founder of the Play Equity Institute.
- Providing Classroom Support for Inclusion Benefits All Students with Molly Mix, Ashley Lambert, Jady Davis, and Nicole Juarez
- The Art of Collaboration with Julie Montali, Ph.D. and Elizabeth Cunnion
- What is Adventure Play? Myths and Realities with Steve Caudle
- Trust in the Value of Play with Michael Leeman and Dina Debonis Miller
- Paint in Our Hair and Paint in Our Toes: Exciting, Dynamic, ProcessBased, Sensory-Rich Art Experiences Designed to Stimulate the Mind, Entice the Soul, and Grow the Creative Capacities of Young Learners with Kristian and Michelle Klebofski
- Playful Connections: Building Social Skills through Play with Lindsey Nicole
- Potential Effects of Screen Time & Play Alternatives for Infants with Vanessa Ya Lopez
- Putting the PLAY in Music! with Scott Grifford
- Book Play with Justin Azevedo, Nate Halsan, Adilene Rogers, and Donna Zick
A $7 flat rate for parking is available at the Park Tower Garage, located at 8th and J Streets (entrance in Library Alley off J Street). Parking fees are collected upon exit from the lot. Download a map with driving directions and parking information.
Professional Growth Credit
Conference may qualify for professional growth credit (7 hours). Certificates of completion will be distributed after the conference ends at 4 PM.
Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown – Arena
Four blocks from conference location; 11-minute walk
Conference Special: $134 per night
To receive discounted rate, mention group code: UFY
Discount expires August 13, 2019.
Reservations can be made by calling (916) 446-0100 or online at the following link: Sac Play Summit